Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Grndma Chris of Press “M” for Menopause nominated me for this award–Thanks Grndma Chris! You should definitely check out her blog. She is insightful, funny, & down-to-earth (one of my favorite qualities in anyone, but especially in a blogger!)
For this award, I must list 7 random things about myself.
1) My given name was Mollie Marie Walker. Both Mollie & Marie mean “bitterness.” For many years, I did not like this. However, I now celebrate the fact that I have come through a lot of bitterness & now feel very at peace & joyful (thank God!)
2) Though I am not a great dancer, I love to dance!
3) I think I could go a whole day eating nothing but roasted sunflower seeds– I like them so much.
4) I lived in the inner city for over 20 years. I have seen many things, including a major illegal weapons transaction going down on the street in front of my house. (Seeing someone pulling a large semi-automatic weapon from the trunk of a car, & then several more, is pretty unsettling.)
5) One of my all-time favorite books is My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok. Asher is a painter, as am I. I think about Asher often.
6) Red has always been my favorite color. I love many colors, & find myself inspired by colors I see everywhere. But red is consistently the best.
7) Music is the language of my heart. It makes my feel, think, move. But then, maybe you already knew that…
Now, for the fun part: I get to nominate 3 blogs that inspire me! Take a look at these.
1) Christiane at Bridging Worlds– Adventures between cultures
3) Scott Freeman at Art & Life Notes– Zooming in on the Big Picture
Yes, Scott Freeman is the most inspirational blogger I know…he also happens to be my husband. Lucky me! I seriously LOVE reading his blogs.