Liebster Award– 11 Questions for Me to Answer
I thought I’d put this on another page, since the first Liebster page is so long. These are the questions I was given along with the award.
1) Why did you start this blog? When I started school (Institute for Integrative Nutrition), I heard a lecture on blogging. It sounded like so much fun, a natural thing for me to pursue, & a great way to connect with people about nutrition. I started planning it right away, & launched within a few weeks after that.
2) What makes you smile? My children make me smile, especially when I see God reflected in them– when they are generous, forgiving, funny, or loving.
3) What is one of your talents? I am good at imagining new flavor combinations & coming up with recipes that incorporate them.
4) Who is a hero in your life? My Aunt Kathy left her home of many years in another state to move in with my grandparents & care for them. My grandma passed away last year, but my grandpa is still doing pretty well at 90, & my aunt is still there with him. She is a hero!
5) What is a great memory from your past? When I was a child, things were pretty different. My brother & I were free to roam all around our small town. We spent many hours walking & riding our bikes, unattended. One of my favorite places to spend time was at a nearby creek.
6) If the sky’s the limit, what would you like to do next? I feel like, in many ways, I am already living my “dream.” I would like to travel though. It’s something I haven’t been able to do much.
7) What is your favorite season of the year? I love fall!
8) What is a piece of advise you would like to share? Think BIG, but also, small. I believe God is infinite, but also is involved in the details.
9) If you have some spare time, what do you do? Go for a walk, read, or make something. Sometimes, I’ll invite someone to join me.
10) Do you prefer a home-cooked meal, or to go out to a restaurant? I love both! (I cook/prepare my own meals about 98% of the time.)
11) Are you a planner? Or are you spontaneous? Really both, again. I enjoy being spontaneous very much; but when you raise 5 children, then start a business, you learn that planning is important, too. Otherwise, I’d spend all my time looking for things like car keys!